The dream factor – part 2
People who dream big dreams rule the world. The products of their dreams control the economy, influence global decisions, markets and many other things at a greater level. Another point to note is the fact that great dreams do not die, the dreamers do. Ancient history has proven to us that men who have dreamt dreams that shook the world still affect the earth long after they are gone.
I also learned that dreams are attached to purpose and assignment to which one is born for. With the dream, comes loaded within it great potential to make manifest the same dream. The sad thing is many people dream but doubt their capacity to deliver. It becomes even more painful to realise that people end up dying with their dream because of fear of engaging robustly with their dream. Thomas Edison once said, 5% of people think, 10% think that they think and the other 85% would rather die than think. The latter also possess great wealth of ideas, but fail to give birth to these because of fear. Napoleon Hill said that more gold has been mined from the mind of men than ever been mined from the earth. That mining was carried out by working out people’s dreams.
People who tend to succeed more than ordinary people have certain admirable characteristics, these are:
- Positive attitude. They think “I can all the time”. Henry Ford once said: whether you think you can or cannot, you are right.
- Self-Discipline. A dream can lift you up, but discipline and character will sustain you.
- They do not depend on the ideologies of the crowd.
- They keep company of like-minded people
- They are relentless. On the contrary, most people walk away from things on the first sign of defeat.
- Self-confidence. Nothing beats a confident man. What others believe about you is not as important as what you believe about yourself.
- They think ahead, creatively and BIG. F.S. Nukeri says: creative people hire lazy thinkers, make them do hard labor and pay them less
- They think things through before they quit
- They constantly acquire new knowledge and sharpen their skills.
- They are not afraid to think differently
So go ahead, keep your dream alive.