POLOKWANE – As motorists get ready to travel during the long weeken, Review asked seasoned motorist, Vivian Buys, to explain how to change a flat tyre.
How to change a flat tyre in seven easy steps:
1. Remove the car jack, wheel spanner, lock nut and spare wheel from the boot.
2. Loosen the nuts of the flat tyre with the wheel spanner, before jacking up the vehicle.
3. Look for the space underneath the vehicle where the jack is suppose to be placed and jack up the vehicle until the flat tyre is in the air.
4. Remove the wheel nuts and flat tyre and replace it with the spare wheel.
5. Screw wheel nuts back on until the wheel is close to the wheel drum.
6. Use the jack to lower the vehicle back onto the ground and screw wheel nuts on tight so that the wheel is secure.
7. Put the wheel spanner, car jack and flat tyre back into the boot and continue on your journey.