POLOKWANE – The awards not only honour the top men and women in sport in the province, it also gives those behind the scenes, reporting on the matter or capturing the moments the opportunity to shine.
Details of each category:
Photographer of the year:
A photographer of the Year may be nominated and considered for an award for a photo taken during the awards qualifying period.
• A photo for the awards telling a story about the moment captured by the photo.
• Highlighted the challenges faced by athletes or the defining moment in a match or championship during the awards qualifying period which separates his or her photo from other candidates.
Journalist of the year:
A journalist of the year may be nominated and considered for an award for a story written during the awards qualifying period.
• Reported consistently on both development and elite sport efforts and challenges experienced.
• Profiled up-and-coming athletes during the awards qualifying period.
• Reported on success stories that are achieved despite the odds.
• Assisted to bring inspiration and hope where there is none.
For more information regarding the criteria, rules and nomination forms, contact Tumelo Nyathi via e-mail at email@example.com, (015) 297 0773/4/8 or fax 086 458 6238.
Send the completed form with a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 086 458 6238.