POLOKWANE – ‘Bra T’ provides the traffic update of taxis on Energy FM.
• Bra T, when you are not at your work as a taxi operator, what else do you do? Justice Ngoepe, Moletjie Motinti.
“For every successful man, there is a strong woman behind him. I spend my free time with my family since I spent most of my time at work.”
• What is the most challenging situation in the taxi industry and how do you deal with that challenges (name one)? Did you feel happy or sad about the solution? Justice Ngoepe, Moletjie Motinti.
“Some drivers tend to have a bad attitude towards commuters, but the disciplinary committee deals with such issues once they are reported. The SPTA has always had a good relationship with its customers and we want to keep it that way.”
• Do you love your job or do you just don’t want to be unemployed? Justice Ngoepe, Moletjie Motinti.
“Yes, I love my job but at first it was a matter of getting a job to provide for my family. I then saw an opportunity to be a taxi owner and fell in love with being a businessman. At school I studied business management and the taxi industry has given me an opportunity to enhance my skills by offering me a chance to study for a certificate in business management in the public transport sector with the University of Limpopo.”
• Hi, what do you do in your spare time and which team do you support? Thabo, Seshego Zone 1.
“I love gardening and also cooking for my family. I occasionally go to watch my favourite team play, which is Polokwane City Football Club (FC).”
• Bra T, have you ever received a fine and if so, for what? Ally Machosa, Mankweng.
“Funny enough I have received a ticket for stopping at a prohibited area at the time when I was still a taxi driver. In most cases it’s caused by some commuters who tell you where they want to be dropped off even though it’s not a drop off zone.”
• Are you taken, or are taxis all you need in your life? Matilda, Westenburg.
“Sorry Matilda but I am already taken. I have been happily married for more than 10 years and my marriage has been blessed with one boy.”