POLOKWANE -Weddings, be it either a traditional or western event, are where both men and women are given an opportunity to dress up and showcase their individual sense of style. However here and there all of us may require expert advise on how to dress appropriately to look our best.
REVIEW spoke to Jerry Pitja, a professional self taught male stylist, to get a few tips to follow when selecting that perfect outfit for a wedding.
Pitja is the owner and founder of a men’s boutique based in Seshego where he specialises in men’s attire and fashion advice.
“First and foremost there are certain key factors to consider when it comes to selecting a suit for every wedding event. Such as theme (traditional or western), time, season as well as location,” he explained.
He gave Review readers his top five wedding looks and says that with them, one is sure to turn heads.
1. Contemporary Two piece suit which is a suit that won’t go out of fashion anytime soon. He advises readers to opt for colours such as grey, navy or a summery neutral such as beige or stone. Its a relaxed look without much of detail but appealing.
2. Three piece suit, “This is one is very a powerful suit that will always leave a mark, any man rocking this suit is sure to turn head. I always advise men to go for a patterns and designs which they will feel relaxed in such as small squares, plain such as maroon/burgundy or even sky blue. If you opt for flora, leave the jacket rather the waist coat and pants, so that it won’t b too dramatic on the eyes,” he explained.
3. Modern Double breast suit; According to the men stylist more stylish and makes one to stand out without having to accessorise it either with a bright coloured shirts or garnish pocket squares and other accessories. “If you are short, opt for four buttons rather than the traditional six or eight buttons,” he added on.
4. Tailored separates suits are for those creative and brave men because the combination of colours must match or blend in with one another.
5. Classic suit and a tie; Here Pitja speaks of two options Classic black and Midnight blue. “Its very timeless and fits almost every wedding theme. As for accessories a black bow tie, black slim tie or neckerchief either with a shiny black shoes or velvet slippers will round the look perfect,” he explained.