Applications opened on 22 January and will close on 11 May.
The foundation takes a holistic approach to entrepreneurial development and believes entrepreneurially-minded individuals with ethical values and strong leadership skills hold the key to change in South Africa and the globe. Furthermore, it provides youth who demonstrate the highest potential with access to education and assists them with cultivating an entrepreneurial mindset.
The fellowship’s entrepreneurial and personal development programme runs throughout the academic year alongside the Candidate Fellow’s university studies. The fellowship provides access to university education and includes comprehensive tertiary financial support to selected students.
Criteria for Gr 12 learners:
• Level 5 in pure mathematics for Gr 11 final results.
• Level 6 average for your final Gr 11 results (excluding life orientation).
• Completion of the National Benchmark Test by 30 September 2018.
• Under the age of 21 in your application year.
• South African citizen.
• Intention to study towards a degree in commerce, science (excluding medicine), engineering, law or humanities (majoring in politics, philosophy or economics) at the University of Witwatersrand (Wits), University of Johannesburg (UJ), University of the Free State (UF), University of Cape Town (UCT), Nelson Mandela University (NMU), Rhodes University, the University of the Western Cape (UWC), University of Stellenbosch or the University of Pretoria (UP).
What it covers:
• The full cost of university tuition.
• The full cost of university accommodation, meals, books and tutor allowance.
• A monthly living stipend.
• Academic support and access to entrepreneurial and personal development programmes.
• Mentorship from individually assigned Foundation staff as well as business mentors.
• Access to potential postgraduate funding for graduated Candidate Fellows.
• There are no postgraduate contractual obligations with the foundation.
How to apply:
• Visit www.allangrayorbis.org to download an application form, or
• SMS ‘Gr12 and your fax number or e-mail address’ to 36777.
Visit www.allangrayorbis.org and www.facebook.com/allangrayorbis for more information.